Sunday, June 1, 2008

Flat tire

So I've been warming up for my month long challenge for a little less than a week and in that time I've already had 2 flat rear tires. WTF? The first time this happened I was on my way to the NW for a memorial ride for people hit and killed by cars. I got a flat about 30 blocks from the ride. I changed the tube, being extra careful to sweep the tire first to remove any tacks, staples or whatever that may be stuck in the tire. Got the new tube in, rode for about 20 blocks only to go flat again. Seems I missed a staple. I pumped it up and rode about half of the memorial ride before having to bail out.

So tonight after the movie I come out to find yet another flat rear tire. Terrific. I pump it up and started on my way home - I got about 40 blocks and completely flat. So I opted to change it by the side of the road. Fortunately I carry enough shit to open up a small bike shop, but I gotta tell ya, I'm getting pretty damn tired of changing tubes on the fly.

No comments: