Monday, June 9, 2008

Bennie Rosario

Bennie is a friend of mine. We met at the Norfolk SPCA, he is the husband of Selina, a girl I worked with at the shelter. Bennie, or B-Nasty as I called him (he called me E-Money or E$), helped me on a few projects at the SPCA. I loved working with Bennie because he was really funny - our senses of humor were similar. Although he was younger than me by a decade, we got along quite well. At an age when a lot of guys are full of machismo and bullshit, Bennie was sensitive and caring. Although he'd probably prefer I didn't write that. Not a lot of folks could pull this off and garner the kind of respect Bennie did. He is without a doubt one of the genuinely nicest people I've met. Bennie was killed in a motorcycle accident over the weekend. He leaves behind a wife, three young daughters and a lot of very sad people who will no doubt remember him in much the same way I do.

No comments: