Saturday, June 21, 2008

Westside

I rode out to Dani's place last night in the NW. She lives about two city blocks from one of the entrances to Forest Park, which is this huge 5000 acre park here in Portland. I wanted to see a bit of the park, more of the NW, plus Dani was buying me coffee and a brownie for helping get her computer running again, so I jumped at the chance to bike over.

It was quite a long ride over - about 10 miles one way. The ride wasn't bad, although it did get a little hilly close to her place. It was nice to see the swanky neighborhoods of the NW - like the Pearl District, which I rode through a little of. That side of the Willamette really is a different feel than my side. My side, the SE and NE, is grungier with a lot more tattooed, hipster-douchebags. The NW is more polished and refined. Also more expensive.

I don't have any real plans for today. I may head down to the water for Chariot Daze, which is part of Pedalpalooza. There are a few things going on today with Pedalpalooza that sound good, so I may head out to multiple events. I'm also kinda jonesing to go for a ride on the motorcycle, so I may do that, too.

No comments: